Merritts specialise in providing fully managed and professional machinery moving solutions on a global basis. We work for many of the world’s leading machinery manufacturers as well as manufacturing companies that are expanding their facilities, relocating machines, altering production lines or decommissioning plants in the UK and overseas.
Our approach begins with a site inspection to ascertain the project requirements and to ensure the heavy machinery can be lifted and transported safely, and in accordance with all health and safety legislation. This includes an assessment of any abnormal loads that may require a police escort or traffic regulation order.
Our trailers are pulled by new Mercedes, & Scania tractor units which are compliant with Euro 6 emissions regulations. Our specialist trailers consist of:
- 3 & 4 axle semi-low loaders carrying up to 60Te
- Crane trailers for cost effective machinery transport services
- Ramped trailers for the transportation of heavy lifting plant
- Rear steer trailers for long & wide loads
- Curtain sided options to help protect your high value items from the elements
- Extendable trailers designed specifically for the transportation of abnormal loads.
- 600mm ‘wafer deck’ trailers for high and heavy loads
Our fleet of vehicles and equipment is stylishly liveried in our corporate colours and all operatives wear branded corporate workwear ensuring that the Merritts brand becomes an extension of your own.
All of our transportation trailers are equipped with their own specialist tackle box, and more complex projects will be supported by a tackle van. Each tackle van is fully equipped with a range of pull lifts, machine moving skates and jacks. There is also a wide range of slings capable of lifting a variety of machine weights. The van is also equipped with personal protection equipment including safety harnesses, lanyard restraints and fall arrest equipment.