Merritts are experienced machine tool movers. We can provide the skills and resources you need for innovative lifting, transportation and installation solutions.
Our project management team is determined to achieve the best results for our clients. Our comprehensive in-house fleet offers everything required to lift, transport and install your machine tools, anywhere in the world.
CNC machinery is our speciality and we have extensive experience in lifting and handling items such as presses, lathes, milling machines and grinding machines. The list is endless and we take great pride in the fact we have in-depth knowledge of each machine. Our machine tool movers specific equipment is as follows:
- Low loaders with lorry mounted craneage (up to 26Te lift and carry capability)
- Flat and covered transport
- Fleet of Versa-Lift high capacity compact lift trucks (pick and carry up to 27Te) for lifting of complete machines and awkward ancillaries, i.e. tool changers
- Large fleet of 3Te to 7Te rated lift trucks for general moving
Our services to the machine tool industry have been developed over many years to specifically isolate the needs of equipment manufacturers, end users and the used equipment market and include:
- Handling of all import & export documentation and customs clearance procedures
- Loading of machinery at Merritts or from OEM facility
- Delivery to site
- Offloading of machinery
- Floor loading calculations
- Positioning and assembly of machinery
- Connection to services
- Machinery decommissioning and recommissioning
- Alignment/Levelling/Core drilling/Bolting down
- Movement of additional machinery on site if required
- CDM project management
- Storage and bonded warehousing where required
- We can also offer complimentary buffer storage for imported machine tools– taking the guesswork out of booking installations and allowing total control of the project from the UK. Services can extend to receiving containers, report on damage, lift into store, clean and prepare, load to transport, transport, offload, install and assist manufacturer to commission if required.
We deliver a superior service to machine tool manufacturers. Each client is assigned a Director level contact who is available seven days a week to answer any queries. This contact will be your account manager and will oversee all pricing, operational arrangements and will ensure that all projects are completed as planned.
Regarding flexibility, Merritts are able to operate out of standard working hours and can accommodate night and shift working as well as weekends for moves that are time and/or production sensitive.
When working with machine tools, Merritts machinery movers have worked alongside most of the major manufacturers and are able to take on complete recommissioning packages if required.