TW Ward CNC Machinery Ltd’s client, Ekspan Ltd, required a number of machines to be removed from their existing premises in Sheffield, and relocated to their new facility in Tankersley, Barnsley, 10 miles away. Works were completed over a 3-day period.
MERRITTS’ CLIENT: TW WARD CNC MACHINERY LTD
One of the UK’s leading suppliers of CNC machine tools to a wide range of OEM’s and subcontract metal cutting companies.
WARD CNC’S CLIENT: EKSPAN LTD
A world class, multi-disciplined mechanical engineering solution provider, with core competencies in structural protection and movement control within infrastructure.
MAIN ITEMS OF MACHINERY MOVED
– Hurco DCX321 3-axis double column machining centre (35Te)
– Hartford HCMC-2110 vertical machining centre (24Te)
– Hyundai Wia F600D vertical machining centre
– Hurco machining centre (14Te)
– Cannon Viking press (25Te)
LIFTING AND TRANSPORT EQUIPMENT UTILISED
– JMG MC-580 pick & carry crane (58Te lift capacity)
– Versa-Lift 60/80 lift truck (36Te lift capacity)
– 7Te rated forklift truck
– Rigging tackle
– 4 axle ramp trailer
– Wafer deck trailer
– Step frame trailer
– Senior Rigger
– Mechanical Fitter
OVERVIEW OF SERVICES PROVIDED
1. Provision of all required health and safety documentation, including risk assessments, method statements and bespoke lift plans.
2. Where required, dismantling of machinery at the existing site was carried out to facilitate loading and transportation to the new facility.
3. The supply of heavy lifting plant which included our 58Te capacity pick & carry crane and Versa-Lift 60/80 with 36Te lifting capacity, both with remote controlled functionality.
4. Sheeting of machinery prior to transit to ensure protection along the route.
5. The provision of specialist trailers, including ‘wafer deck’ trailers to ensure the safe transport of tall loads.
6. Delivery of machinery to the new facility including the arrangement of ‘movement orders’ for the ‘out of gauge’ loads.
7. Offloading of machinery into the new facility plus rebuilding and final positioning.
8. Provision of ‘all risks’ insurance cover for the project duration.
We were very grateful for Merritts’ valued assistance in the relocation of Ekspan Ltd’s machine tools to their new facility.
A big advantage of working with Merritts is that they consistently demonstrate a strong understanding of customer requirements, with exceptional expertise in the moving and handling of CNC machine tools.
As such, the project has run smoothly from the initial planning meeting all the way through to the final installation and sign off. The care and attention that they undertake in their work certainly adds a lot of value to our customer’s projects.