Our premises are HMRC approved as a customs bonded warehousing facility. By providing this service our customers can defer payment of import duty and VAT on their machinery and equipment.
There are many companies that do not sell their stock machines within several weeks of obtaining them. This means they will have paid the import duty and VAT up front on all their items. If they had used our bonded warehousing facility they could have avoided paying this for a considerably longer period of time.
Key benefits of our customs bonded warehousing facility:
- Defer payment of import duty and VAT
- The opportunity to purchase stock machinery without paying import duty & VAT until sold
- Provides you with greater flexibility for supplying ‘quick turnaround’ machine deliveries to clients
- Allows you to take advantage of favourable exchange rates when purchasing stock machinery
- If you are unable to sell your machinery domestically, you can sell it for re-export without having to worry about the duties which would already have been paid
- Where required, customs documentation can be handled by Merritts
Our customs bonded warehouses have over 100,000 square feet of internal storage space, are all heated, fitted with high and low bay lighting and offer eaves heights of up to 10m. We have overhead craneage for the handling of goods up to 20Te in weight. Our sites are enclosed by 2.4m palisade fencing and are equipped with state of the art security measures.
If you would like to make a bonded storage enquiry please contact a member of our team on 0800 046 9840. Alternatively, you can use our online quote request service.
Our customs bonded warehouse is approved for ‘dry’ status only. We do not have a ‘wet’ licence and therefore cannot process enquiries relating to the storage of alcohol, fuel or cigarettes.